Visitor Insights PowerUps
The Visitor Insights PowerUps provide chat agents extra details about the visitors they’re chatting with.
These PowerUps use a third-party data service to find and organize information about the visitor that’s available on the web. The name of the third-party data service supplying the information is FullContact. The data could be coming from public social profiles or corporate websites. FullContact uses the visitor’s email address in the process, so you’ll need to collect visitor emails. We recommend obtaining your visitor’s email with a pre-chat survey.
The Visitor Insights: Social PowerUp provides the following information.
- Links to the visitor’s social media profiles like Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- A list of the visitor’s interests based on social profile information.
The Visitor Insights: Social + Professional PowerUp provides the same content in the Visitor Insights: Social PowerUp plus the following information.
- The visitor’s industry, company, and job title.
- The visitor’s age bracket and gender.
FullContact provides the Visitor Insights data. FullContact matches the visitor’s email address to public social profiles and corporate websites. FullContact parses the public data to determine the fields that display in the chat console.
FullContact is only able to reference data that an individual or company has already made public. We encourage chat agents to verify the information by visiting the social profiles and company websites using the links provided. Agents can also ask follow up questions during the chat to confirm the data. Profile data is a powerful tool, but it’s not a substitute for a real human conversation!
Visitor Insights data is accessible in real time from within the chat console and from chat transcripts after a chat ends.
- When you start a chat with a new visitor, you’ll see Visitor Insights displayed on the right-hand side of the chat console.
- If you want to review the data after the chat ends, navigate to the Transcript page. Once you are on the Transcript page, select the chat conversation where you want to review their Visitor Insights data. Visitor information is on the right-hand side of the chat transcript.
Data Accuracy, Completeness, and Limitations
Because Visitor Insights data is provided by a third-party service, we can’t guarantee that this data will always be accurate or complete. The following information should give you a sense of what to expect in terms of accuracy, completeness, and data limitations.
If you find that you’re not getting useful data, let us know, and we’ll be happy to refund your PowerUp purchase. Refer to this article for more details on our refund policies.
Accuracy: According to FullContact, returned data should be accurate in at least 90% of cases. If there is significant uncertainty in the data, FullContact will simply return a “no data” message (see below).
Completeness: FullContact will not return data for every visitor or email address. According to their documentation, match rates are generally between 20 and 60%. Match rates are the percentage of email addresses for which they are able to return data.
- FullContact requires a valid email address to match your visitor’s data, so you’ll need to collect an email address from every visitor for these PowerUps to work. We recommend collecting emails with a pre-chat survey.
- The Visitor Insights Profile: Social + Professional PowerUp requires an email address that uses a company domain like email@example.com to match the visitor’s company, industry, and job title.
Understanding “No Data” Messages
If FullContact isn’t able to find data on a visitor, you’ll see a “No data” or “We couldn’t find that information” message. Specific reasons for missing data include the following.
The visitor didn’t provide an email address. We recommend collecting a visitor’s email address with a pre-chat survey. If you’re initiating chats proactively or prefer not to use a survey, you’ll need to ask the visitor for their email address after the chat starts. You can update their information with the !email command.
The visitor’s email address isn’t associated with any social profiles. If the email address your visitor provided is different from the one they use for their social accounts, FullContact won’t be able to match their social profiles.
The visitor doesn’t have a social media presence. If the visitor isn’t active on any common social media platforms or if the email address provided can’t be matched to any social accounts, FullContact won’t be able to return social data.
The visitor’s email address doesn’t use a company domain. FullContact uses the email domain to match company information. If the email address uses a generic domain like @gmail.com or @yahoo.com, FullContact won’t return the visitor’s company or role.
Information is missing from the visitor’s social profiles or company website. If certain information such as the visitor’s gender or age isn’t available on their social profiles or company website, that information won’t be available through FullContact.