Xabber is a free mobile chat application for the Android operating system in the Google Play Store. Follow this walkthrough to get it connected with your Olark account!
If you’re a new Xabber user, you’ll need to make a Xabber-specific account (login)
- Once you create your Xabber account, you’ll be able to add your Olark account into the Xabber account by clicking on Add Account
- In the Username area, type in your Olark Username (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org), type in your Olark (not Xabber) password, then tap Add Account
Note: You must enter your Olark username, with @olark.com at the end, not your own email. For example, if your Olark username is joe.w, enter: email@example.com
- Once you’ve followed the steps above, you’ll automatically be set to available/green in Olark once your account is added! If you need to go red/unavailable, use the toggle by your username to do so.
- Need to disable the auto-away function so that you’re always available/online? Tap the Settings (gear) icon from the Home Screen.
- Tap Connection Settings
- Tap on Prevent sleep mode - this will prevent Xabber from setting you to away automatically. Please note that this may result in increased battery use and this __will not __prevent the chat console from forcing you away if you miss a chat from a visitor.