Help / chatting
Email a Transcript to a Visitor
!send command allows you to forward a chat transcript via email during a chat conversation with a visitor.
Examples and Usage
In your chat conversation, type one of the following and hit return or enter.
!send- emails the transcript to the visitor’s email (if available).
!send firstname.lastname@example.org- emails the transcript to email@example.com.
!send firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com- emails the transcript to both email addresses.
- Using the
!sendcommand on its own will send to the visitor’s email.
- If the visitor doesn’t have an email, the agent will see an error returned in the chat.
- The agent receives a notification that the email is sending. They’ll receive a notification if there is an error sending the transcript, but not if the email bounces at the visitor’s end. The agent also does not receive a notification that the email was delivered.
- The visitor does not receive a notification in the chat that the email was sent.
- There is not currently an option to automatically email transcripts to visitors.
- Visitors cannot currently use the command themselves, however once the chat has ended the visitor will have the option to email themselves a transcript of the conversation.
!sendcommand will send the contents of the conversation up to that point. Any content after the !send command is used will be emailed later.
- Transcript emails cannot currently be localized into different languages.
- You can email a chat transcript after a chat has ended from the Transcripts page.
Was this article helpful?