Increase chats with proactive messages
Sending targeted proactive messages to your visitors is a great way of increasing the number of chats.
The most effective way of doing this using Automation rules to tailor specific messages to certain types of visitors. The key components for success are reaching the right audience, at the right time, with the right message.
Let’s take a look at an example you can try yourself.
Target visitors on your pricing page
For many businesses, the pricing page or its equivalent is a high-value page that can see visitors bounce without a further interaction.
Let’s make a rule where we start a conversation with a new visitor to your website who has been on the pricing page for long enough to have digested the information.
To achieve this with Automation rules, we might set these conditions:
- When any agent is available to chat,
- If current URL contains /pricing and number of visits to my site is 1 and seconds spent on current page is more than 20,
- Then once per unique visitor, send this message to your visitor ‘👋 Hi there. Did you have any questions about our prices I can help with?’
Planning your messages
An alternative option is to notify your agents when the same visitors are on your site. Instead of sending a message to the visitor, send a notification to the agent. This alternative has a pro and a con. The pro is agents can send even more tailored messages, while the con is that it’s more labor intensive.
It’s important to create different messages for different visitor groups. Visitors to websites are increasingly familiar with chat widgets, so imagine what sort of message might capture their attention. It needs to feel relevant to them for the task they’re trying to accomplish. A good start would be coming up with three distinct visitor groups and tailoring a message for each.
- Use Automation rules to send proactive messages to visitors on your site
- Plan for targeted and timely messages that are specific to a group of visitors
- Try creating at least three visitor groups to target.