Enable desktop notifications
Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox all will allow you to display desktop notifications. We utilize this on chat.olark.com to better alert you when you have a new chat message.
If you are having issues getting notifications setup it's possible that permissions have been denied for allowing us to show them. To check and see if that's the case, use the guide below based on the browser you are using.
Google Chrome 31+
- Click on the lock icon on the left side of your URL bar
- Select "Site settings"
- Scroll down to "Notifications", then "Always allow on this site."
- Copy this link
chrome://settings/contentExceptions#notificationsand open it in a new tab.
chat2.olark.comand remove it from the list by clicking the "X" on the right hand side.
Mozilla Firefox 28+
- In the tab with chat.olark.com loaded, right click on the page and click "View Page Info".
- In the panel that opens, click the tab "Permissions".
- Scroll down to "Show Notifications" and check "Use default" and close the panel.
Apple Safari 7+
- Open the Safari Preferences panel. ( Safari Menu -> Preferences )
- Select the "Notifications" tab.
chat2.olark.comand click the "Remove" button.
And that is it! Once you do that, go back to chat.olark.com and refresh. You should be all set to get notifications from chat.olark.com!