Getting started with Google Analytics (GA4) integration
This article was updated to reflect the newest version of Google Analytics, GA4, in June, 2023.
NOTE: If you use Google Tag Manager to load your gtag, follow the instructions in our GTM for GA4 article instead.
Olark’s Google Analytics integration provides its users with:
- More visitor insights
- Conversion tracking for chatting visitors
- And much more!
Turning on the integration
- In your dashboard, click on Integrations from the left menu bar. From the integrations list, type or find Google Analytics.
- Click Configure on the Google Analytics integration page. Check both of the boxes that you see at the top of the page, and then click Save at the bottom.
Olark will automatically detect the GA4 gtag and associated ID that's installed on your website and begin sending events to your GA4 account.
It can take 24 to 48 hours for Google Analytics to start tracking and displaying Olark events. This is the standard “processing latency” time for all data in Google Analytics.
Overview of events sent by Olark
Olark sends the following events and associated properties to GA4:
- olark_bot_sent_message- olark_conversation_started
- initialized_by: visitor, agent, or bot
Additionally, we send the following user properties: