Using multiple Google Analytics tracking IDs
NOTE: This article pertains to Google's Universal Analytics which was sunset in June, 2023. Please see this article for information on using GA4 with Olark.
If you use more than one Google Analytics IDs on your site, you'll need to tell Olark which ID to use for tracking events on that page.
Olark can only send events to one Google Analytics account per page.
- Go to your Google Analytics integration page and turn on tracking of Olark Events.
- Under Advanced Options turn on Custom Tracking and hit save.
- On your website's install code, look for this line:
- /* custom configuration goes here (www.olark.com/documentation) */
- Add this line directly below:
- olark.configure("GoogleAnalytics.custom_tracking_id", "UA-XXXXXX-XX")
- Be sure to replace UA-XXXXXX-XX with your own Google Analytics tracking ID.