Google Analytics integration guide
Olark works with Google Analytics (GA) to log all interactions your Operators have with your visitors, so you can track the effectiveness of your Olark.
All it takes to integrate is to enable GA integration here and ensure that you have your GA tracking code on every page that Olark will be launched on! It takes up to 48 hours for Google to start pushing our data to GA.
- Log into your Olark dashboard, and navigate to the reports section reports. Then click on Google Analytics.
- Check the box to enable Google Analytics for your Olark Account.
- We recommend checking the box "Track visitors who have conversations and the pages where conversations start" unless you are a Google Analytics guru, and doing some extra tracking on your own.
- If you haven't updated your Google Analytics tracking code in a while, you may have to check the "Legacy compatibility mode" box in the Advanced Options section.
- Hit save, and you're all set.
- Grab a beer, cook a nice dinner, it's going to be a while before your events start showing up in Google Analytics (normally we recommend waiting about 48 hours)
Want to get even more from Google Analytics and Olark?
To get the most out of Olark in Google Analytics, we highly recommend that you configure Goals, Funnels, and the Ecommerce options for Google Analytics. Configuring these parts of Google Analytics will not just help you get more from your Olark Statistics, but give you a much better understanding of your website as a whole. If you need help configuring Goals, Funnels, and the Google Ecommerce options, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will recommend a consultant to help you get more from you statistics.