Drupal integration guide
Learn how to integrate Olark with Drupal, the free software that allows you to easily organize, manage and publish your content, with many customization options.
This document contains help guides for three versions of Drupal
- Version 8 & 9
- Version 7 (Note: Drupal 7 will reach end-of-life in November of 2022)
Drupal 8 & 9
- From your Drupal admin panel, click on: Configuration > Text formats & editors > (+ Add text formats)
- Create a new format and name it something like, “Unfiltered”. Make sure all filters are disabled and then save.
- From the top of the page, navigate through: Manage > Structure > Block Layout > Custom block library > (+ Add custom block)
- Enter in, “Olark” for your Block description, and then copy and paste your Olark installation code into the Body section. Be sure to double check that your 13-digit Olark Site ID is entered in the end of your Olark code when pasting it into the body. Click Save to finish.
Log into your Drupal admin and go to Configuration > Content Authoring > Text Formats
Create a new format and name it something like “Unfiltered”. Make sure all filters are disabled and then save.
Go to Structure > Block and then Add Block
Create your block and call it “Olark”.
In the block body place your Olark Code:
Log in and copy your Olark embed code.
Change the Text Format to the new Unfiltered type you created then hit save
Enable the Olark block by moving it to the footer and hit save