Which cookies does Olark set?
Due to EU privacy laws EU web sites are required by law to disclose the type of cookies that are created from their site.
What follows is a description of Olark cookies which we believe to be in compliance with the "only necessary" aspect of setting cookies outlined in the EU rules for Internet privacy.
Cookies and their purpose
- hblid a visitor identifier that we use only on your site to remember this visitor between visits
- wcsid a session identifier that we use only on your site to keep track of a single chat session
- olfsk storage identifier that we use to maintain chat state across pages (e.g. message history)
- _okdetect used for detecting when storage contexts have changed due to things like ssl or host transitions (helps maintain your chat across pages)
- _okbk extra state information (e.g. chat box being open/closed)
- _ok most recent Olark site ID (security measure)
- _oklv the Olark loader version (for improved caching)
- _okla used for caching purposes (loaded from CDN vs. loaded from our infrastructure)
- _okgid group id the visitor is locked to
- _okac used for caching by setting a hash for assets to determine if they have changed and if they need to be refreshed
- _okck used to test whether the visitor's browser allows cookies to be stored