Block an ip address
Sometimes it’s useful to be able to block a certain visitor. Whether it be your development team and colleagues that have no need to chat with you, or a persistent troll distracting your support team - we have you covered.
This guide will show you how to block a visitor by their IP address.
- Head over to your Automation settings page
- Click New Rule and name your new rule
- As your when condition choose Agents are either available or unavailable to chat
- Choose Visitor’s IP from the pulldown in the Conditions section, and fill in the IP address
- As the then action choose once per page load
- Choose Hide the Olark chat box from the pulldown in the Actions section
- Click save rule
Your rule when finished should look something like this:
You can add as many ip address to this TC rule as you’d like.