Email a transcript to a visitor
!send command allows you to forward a chat transcript via email during a chat conversation with a visitor.
In your chat conversation, type one of the following and hit return:
!send- emails the transcript to the visitor’s email (if available)
!send firstname.lastname@example.org- emails the transcript to email@example.com
!send firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com- emails the transcript to both email addresses
- Using the
!sendcommand on its own will send to the visitor’s email
- If the visitor doesn’t have an email, the agent will see an error returned in the chat
- The agent receives a notification that the email is sending. They’ll receive a notification if there is an error sending the transcript, but not if the email bounces at the visitor’s end. The agent also does not receive a notification that the email was delivered.
- The visitor does not receive a notification in the chat the email was sent
- There is not currently an option to automatically email transcripts to visitors
- Visitors can not currently use the command themselves however once the chat has ended the visitor will have the option to email themselves a transcript of the conversation.
!sendcommand will send the contents of the conversation up to that point. Any content after the !send command is used will be emailed later
- Transcript emails can not currently be localized into different languages
- You can email a visitor after the chat has ended from the transcripts page