Targeted Chat helps automate decisions about how and when to interact with your visitors. Set up simple rules to control the flow of incoming chats.
When you start out with Targeted Chat, we include some pre-made rules for you to use, including:
- Send a message when a visitor reaches a particular page
- Notify an operator if a visitor comes from a promotion or advert
- Show or hide the chat box for visitors from certain states or countries
- Start a chat once a visitor has viewed a certain number of pages
- Send a custom message to a visitor based on their location
- Send a chat to specific operator group
Selling snow widgets in Canada but getting overwhelmed with residents of Elbonia who keep starting chats to talk about folk dancing festivals due to a mixup over website addresses? Just create a rule to hide your chat box for anyone from Elbonia. Problem solved. Here's how you might do that:
- Click on New rule. You'll see a list of dropdown menus and fields.
- Apply the condition and the action. In plain English, you are saying "if this or something else happens, then do that".
- When you're finished, click Save. Don't forget to toggle the On/Off button to enable the trigger. That's it! You've just created your first targeted chat rule. Continue to create as many rules as you need.