Help / clients
Thunderbird setup guide
The release of Thunderbird version 15 has seen Mozilla add chat functionality to their already popular email client. Here's how to add your Olark account.
- Start up Thunderbird and click on the Chat icon at the top of the client
- Click on the Get Started button in the center of the screen, and then select XMPP for the chat network type.
- Enter your username in this format:
@olark.com For example:
email@example.com (not your own email address)
- Type in your password and click next
- Choose a Local Alias for your chat account. This is what our service will be named in your chat window in Thunderbird
- Finally, click Finish, and you are all set!