Help / clients
Monal setup guide
You can use the Monal mobile app with iOS devices. Follow this quick and easy guide to get Monal installed and be chatting in minutes!
- Download the Monal client from the app store.
- Open the Monal app by tapping on its icon. You’ll be asked to Login, Register (for a new Monal account), or Set up an account later. You have the option of creating a Monal account, but it is not required to connect with Olark (i.e., you can begin chatting by clicking Set up an account later at the bottom of the screen.)
- Once you’ve registered, logged in, or decided to Set up an account later, Click on the Settings icon at the bottom right corner of the Monal mobile dashboard. From the Settings section, click on Accounts!
- Tap the area that shows XMPP (Jabber, Openfire, Prosody, etc.) In the Jabber ID field, type in your Olark username (for example, email@example.com), and then tap down to Password and type in your Olark password. Toggle the Enabled button on and tap on the word Save at the top-right corner of the screen. If you don’t know your username, you can find it in your operator profile at olark.com/op.
- If you’ve successfully connected, you’ll see your username and a green dot when you tap-back to the < Accounts section! You can see your website visitors by tapping the Contacts icon at the bottom-left corner, and see your chats by tapping on the Chats icon.
- Need to set yourself to Away/Not accepting new chats? Click on: < Accounts and then < Back to return to the main Settings page. On the main Settings page, click on Display. On the Display Settings page, you can use the Away toggle to manage your online/offline status.
- To log out of chat completely, be sure to use the Log out All link at the top of the Accounts section. Note: Failure to log out may cause future issues if you are using Monal and the chat console!