OpenCart is a free shopping cart system. Integrate your Olark live chat with this open source PHP-based online e-commerce solution in a few quick steps.
- Log into the site where your OpenCart site is hosted using either a standard FTP client or the Cpanel File manager. (Many hosting companies provide File Manager access inside of Cpanel)
- Navigate to the ROOT directory of OpenCart. (This will often be "WWW" or "Public_html")
Go to catalog > view > theme folder.
Open the theme folder that you are currently using. "default" is the default theme. (You can find the name of your theme inside the OpenCart admin area, in System > Settings > Store at the bottom of the Template tab.)
Go to template > common folder.
Open the footer.tpl file with a simple editor like Notepad. Copy and paste your Olark Code above the end </body> tag at the bottom of the window.
- Click Save as and type file name footer.tpl (Do not forget to type the file extension .tpl)
- Save the new edited footer.tpl file on your PC.
- Replace the existing footer.tpl file on the server with your newly created footer.tpl file.
Now open your site and check out Olark on your OpenCart Site.