Adding Olark Live Chat to your PrestaShop website
Follow the below steps and you'll be communicating with customers in no time.
- Log into the site where your PrestaShop site is hosted using either a standard FTP client or the Cpanel File manager. (Many hosting companies provide File Manager access inside of Cpanel)
- Navigate to the ROOT directory of PrestaShop. (This will often be "WWW" or "Public_html")
- Open the Themes folder.
- Open the theme folder that you are currently using. PrestaShopis the default theme. (You can find the name of your theme inside the PrestaShop admin area, in Preferences->Appearance, at the bottom of the theme tab.)
- Select the footer.tpl file in the theme folder.
Open the footer.tpl file with a simple editor like Notepad. Copy and paste your Olark Code above the end </body> tag at the bottom of the window.
- Click Save as and type file name footer.tpl (Do not forget to type the file extension .tpl)
- Save the new edited footer.tpl file on your PC.
- Replace the existing footer.tpl file on the server with your newly created footer.tpl file.
Now open your site and check out Olark on your PrestaShop Site.
- You’re all set, be sure to upgrade from free Olark to take advantage of all of our premium features!
- Go into your PrestaShop control panel
- Go to Preferences -> Performance
- Set Force Compile to 'Yes' and 'Cache' to 'No'
- Save your preferences
- Reload the page, and make sure Olark appears (it should)